Monday, January 20, 2014

The Punic Wars

Greetings brother and sister humans!


The Punic Wars: an excursion in stating the obvious in a cursory and facile mode. 
However, I fortunately had some Livy and Polybius off of which to work, in addition to a certain Florentine genius whose work, rather the textual companion to it (given to Lorenzo the Magnificent of the Medici, and used by me as distinct from employing the discourses, which seem pretty intimidating), is a commentary on Livy's Ab Urbe Condita.



I made a rather bare-bones website as a vehicle for this information. 
There are orthographic as well as grammatical errors. 
* Further, there are three factual errors I know of. Allow me to hopefully exonerate myself: 
* I posted two contradicting dates for the capitulation of Syracuse to the Roman Republic.
* Ostro- means southern, not eastern. In the context of the website, ostro- as in Ostrogoth. It is painfully obvious which makes the mistake embarrassing, for it is the root word in Austria, the Osterreich, (cool also: Australia means southern land, I'm pretty sure, and Australopithecus means southern ape).  


Regards, 
Ross

No comments:

Post a Comment